Getting arrested or charged with a crime is not easy for anyone. It is normal to feel frightened and uncertain in these circumstances. However, it is also important to understand that you have a limited amount of time to address this problem if you want to minimize the damage to your life – both now and in the future.
As a former Assistant District Attorney, Anna M. Goodwin is well equipped to construct a solid criminal defense for you. She can help you in a number of different areas, including:
- DWI/DUI – A DWI charge can haunt you for a very long time. The consequences can include serious fines, loss of your license and even jail time. We may be able to help you prevent the most severe penalties, however, with an effective legal strategy.
- Traffic Law – Having an attorney represent you in traffic court can often result in reduced fines and penalties for your traffic violations.
- Misdemeanor/Felony Offenses – Our firm focuses its efforts on defending both misdemeanor and felony charges. Misdemeanor charges can carry fines, community service, probation, and even jail time. Felony offenses are even more damaging. A felony conviction can permanently alter your life. A skilled criminal defense attorney is a necessity if you want to avoid the worst consequences of a felony charge which can include heavy fines, prison time and a permanent loss of certain rights you possess as a citizen.
- Drug Offenses – North Carolina takes drug offenses quite seriously and you can expect the State to pursue you aggressively. Even small possession charges can lead to numerous court appearances and can remain on your record permanently.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence is disturbingly common. There are solutions to be had through the legal system. Our firm can help you obtain a protective order if needed and connect you with various organizations that work to protect victims. If you have been unjustly accused of domestic violence we can help you defend yourself and your reputation.
Contact Goodwin Law Firm Now
When you are facing criminal charges, time is not on your side. It is important to contact an attorney immediately to begin building a case in your defense. The longer you wait the more difficult your case becomes.
If you have been arrested or are facing criminal charges please contact our firm now. Serving Union County and surrounding areas, we are ready to begin seeking the best possible outcome for your case.